- TOUR OVERVIEW
- Inclusions & Exclusions
Day 01: Queen Alia International Airport – Amman Hotel
Arrival at the Queen Alia International Airport in Amman, our airport representative will wait for you before the immigration desk holding a sign with your name and will assist you with the visa procedures (please don’t miss him or proceed without him). Our airport representative will walk you through customs and to the luggage hall, then you will be transferred to your hotel in Amman for dinner & overnight.
Day 02: Amman – Madaba (St. George church) – Mount Nebo – Karak Castle – Dana Nature Reserve
Meals: Breakfast, Dinner
After breakfast, start your day with visiting the St. George Church in Madaba. Drive to Mount Nebo from where Moses viewed the Promised Land. Follow the King’s Highway until Karak to visit the immense Crusaders Castle. Then continue to Dana Nature Reserve for dinner and overnight at Dana Guest House.
Day 03: Dana Nature Reserve (optional experiences by request) – Feynan Eco Lodge
Meals: Breakfast, Lunch Box, Dinner After breakfast, today you will have a day to experience village life in Dana Nature Reserve. Try your hand at farming methods unchanged in hundreds of years; roam Dana’s pastureland with a local shepherd and his flock; learn traditional bread making and/or cook a Bedouin meal over an open fire. These excursions are not yet included; let us know your preferences and we will add them to your itinerary. Please contact us for prices and more information. Lunch is included for today at the camp. Dinner & overnight at Feynan Eco Lodge.
Day 04: Feynan Eco Lodge – Little Petra – Petra Campsite
Meals: Breakfast, Lunch Box, Dinner
After breakfast, you can enjoy several Bedouin local community experiences in Feynan that the lodge offers. Each activity mentioned below takes around 2 hours. The first 3 activities mentioned below are included. Weaving depends on the season you are travelling in, whether it is available or not. If you would like to attend this experience instead of another, then just let us know and we will check if it is available to book.
These interactive experiences offer you a unique insight into the lives of one of the last remaining Bedouin communities in Jordan. Bedouin culture is evolving, and through these experiences we work with the community on preserving cherished traditions without getting in the way of progression. Join a local Bedouin family in their goat-hair tented home and learn about their rich culture and daily activities. You will have the rare opportunity to experience native Bedouin daily life, learn about their daily activities, traditions and way of life and learn about the sustainable lifestyle of traditional Bedouin tribes.
Lunch will be at the Eco-Lodge in between of the experiences. After your Bedouin activities you will transfer to visit the site Little Petra before heading to the Bedouin Little Petra Campsite located close by for dinner and overnight at Petra campsite.
If date is set, then check the planned activities calendar of Feynan Eco Lodge which usually includes:
1. Making kohl
A local Bedouin will show you the process of making Kohl, the Bedouin eye makeup that is believed to strengthen eyesight, protect against eye ailment in addition to its cosmetic and aesthetic uses. You will be taken through the process from the burning of cotton and olive oil under the Saj, to collecting the Kohl and applying it.
2. Making Arabic coffee
Arabic coffee is an essential part of the Bedouin traditions; the Bedouins serve it on almost every occasion including weddings, funerals, or simply when the family gets together in the evening. During this experience, you will be taken through the musical experience of roasting the coffee beans, grounding then boiling them. The Bedouin family also explains the etiquette of serving the Arabic coffee and drinking it.
3. Baking earthy “Arbood” bread
Arbood is the staple food a Bedouin would have for lunch while shepherding his/her herd of goats in the wilderness. A local Bedouin will teach you how to bake Bedouin bread from only flour, salt and water kneaded and baked in ash
Day 05: Petra Hotel – Petra Full Day Visit – Petra Hotel
Meals: Breakfast, Dinner
After breakfast at your hotel in Petra/Wadi Musa, start an awe-inspiring visit to the red-rose city of Petra. It is one of the New Seven Wonders of the World and a UNESCO heritage site. Walk through the Siq, a colorful narrow gorge over a kilometer long which leads to the magnificent Treasury. See royal tombs, the Roman-style theatre, beautiful temples, and museums. Upon completion, head back to your hotel in Petra/Wadi Musa for some relaxing and refreshing time then head towards a local family home to enjoy dinner and some chatting. Petra hotel for dinner &overnight.
Available optional activities in Petra:
- Petra by Night (Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday evenings, subject to the weather conditions, as it might be cancelled in winter)
- Cooking course in a local restaurant for your dinner
- Local Turkish bath as you may need it after this long day
Day 06: Petra – Petra – 2nd visit to Petra – Mansaf cooking experience – Petra Hotel
Meals: Breakfast, Dinner
Free morning to visit Petra. If you did not had the chance to visit the High Place of Sacrifice and/or the Monastery the day before, then now is your chance! You could also think about visiting the Royal Tombs. Today you will learn how to prepare Mansaf. This is a traditional national dish and famous under the Bedouins. It is often cooked for special occasions such as weddings, funerals etc.
About 17:00 you will be transferred to a local family in Petra to enjoy cooking meal and having the dinner with the family. Finally, transfer back to your hotel in Petra for Dinner & overnight.
Day 07: Petra – 04 hours 4X4 Jeep Tour in Wadi Rum – Lunch making with Bedouin man in the desert – Wadi Rum Camp
Meals: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
After breakfast, Drive to Wadi Rum for 4hrs. inside the protected area. Wadi Rum is famous for the Red Sand and beautiful rock formations. A light Bedouin lunch will be freshly prepared. End your jeep tour at a simple but fixed campsite located in the middle of the desert. The camp has sanitaire facilities and private tents. In the evening you will see how the Bedouins prepare a meal called Zarb. This is a vegetable, meat & chicken dish cooked under the ground. Enjoy this special dish with the local Bedouins of Wadi Rum.
Day 08: Wadi Rum Camp – Dead salt formation area stop – Dead Sea Hotel
Meals: Breakfast, Dinner
After breakfast, leave Wadi Rum and drive to the Dead Sea, lowest point on the earth’s surface for a free afternoon. Float in the salty waters and try out the famous healing mud. Dinner & overnight at The Dead Sea Hotel.
Day 09: Free day at leisure – Dead Sea Hotel
After breakfast, Free day at leisure in your hotel at The Dead Sea. Dinner and overnight at The Dead Sea Hotel.
Optional tours can be offered upon request.
Day 10: Dead Sea Hotel – Queen Alia International Airport
After breakfast, transfer to the airport for departure.
- Meet & assist upon arrival at Q.A.I airport by our office representative in the immigration area
- Private transfer by an A/C modern vehicle with an English-speaking driver.
- 9 nights’ accommodation in the above-mentioned hotels including breakfast & dinner
- 03 Lunches in Dana, Feynan, & Wadi Rum as mentioned in the above program.
- Cultural experiences provided by Feynan Eco Lodge schedule
- Private dinner with a local family in Wadi Rum
- English-speaking guide from day 2 to day 8 during the tours
- 1 Tour leader free of charge in a shared double room starting from 15 paying clients (client number 16 will be free of charge), in case we have 15 people, no free person will apply. In case the tour leader wishes to have a single room then he pays the single supplement charge mentioned above, please refer to each hotel category.
- All entrance fees to the sites mentioned in the above program
- 04 hours 4X4 Jeep Tour in Wadi Rum
- Entry visa to Jordan (Free of charge for non-restricted nationality) as the clients will stay 2 consecutive nights, please advise your nationality to double check
- Liability insurance.
- Part of our profit will be donated for “South Taybet Society for the disabled” & “South Society for disable”. So thank you for booking with us and supporting our local community.
- Guiding services on airport arrival and departure days, and during the free days
- Additional meals that are not mentioned in the inclusions part
- Any optional tours or experiences (for example: hiking trips in Dhana Reserve)
- Departure Tax from Jordan (included in the flight ticket as per the current time).
- Water and/or drinks within meals unless hotel/restaurant provides.
- All kinds of tips for the representative, guide, driver, hotels, and horse/camel/jeep owners.
- Travel and health insurance.
- Flight tickets.
- Personal expenses.
- Any item not mentioned in the inclusions part.