- Tour Overview
- Inclusions & Exclusions
Day 01: Queen Alia International Airport – Amman
Arrival at the Queen Alia International Airport in Amman, our airport representative will wait for you before the immigration desk holding a sign with your name and will assist you with the visa procedures (please don’t miss him or proceed without him). Our airport representative will walk you through customs and to the luggage hall, then you will be transferred to your hotel in Amman for dinner & overnight.
Day 02: Amman – Outdoor Traditional Breakfast – City Tour – Jerash – Amman
Meals: Breakfast, Dinner
After breakfast at one of the most famous local restaurants in Amman (Hashim Restaurant), enjoy a walk through the old city called “West Al Balad”. It has hundreds of shops, coffee shops and local restaurants. There are also shops selling traditional handicrafts, such as hand-woven rugs and cushions, pottery, and embroidered items, many of which now come in modern designs.
Now, continue to explore the historical part of Amman. Discover the magnificent Roman Theatre; the theatre was built during the reign of Antonius Pius (138-161 CE) and could seat about 6000 people. Visit the Citadel and its Temple of Hercules that was built between 162 – 166 ADS. Then, head to Jerash, the ruins of the old Roman city and temple of Artemis. Jerash reveals a fine example of the grand, formal, provincial Roman urbanism that is found throughout the Middle East, comprising paved and colonnaded streets, soaring hilltop temples, handsome theatres, spacious public squares and plazas, baths, fountains, and city walls pierced by towers and gates. Upon completion, head back to Amman for dinner and overnight at your hotel.
Day 03: Amman – Mount Nebo – Madaba – Seasonal Social Engagement Experience + Lunch – Dana Nature Reserve
Meals: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
After breakfast at Amman Hotel, head to visit Madaba and the Basilica of St. George. Travel on to Mount Nebo, 800m above sea level, where you can stand on the site where Moses looked out over the “Promised Land”. During your trip between Madaba and Mount Nebo you will be able to enjoy a unique, cultural, and social engagement experience with lunch. Jordan is well known with it is seasonal tradition and the welcoming local people. The seasonal experience will be either olive harvesting, mosaic piece art making, or daily farmer routine work participation. Any option of these seasonal experiences will be followed by a lunch with locals. Upon completion, head to Dana Nature Reserve for dinner and overnight.
Day 04: Dana Village 1hr. Trail – Shaq Elreesh 4hrs. Trail (Lunch Box) – Little Petra – Petra
Meals: Breakfast, Lunch box “light”, Dinner
After breakfast at Dana motel, walk through the village of Dana for 1 hour then proceed to start Shaq El Reesh 3-4hrs. Trail. It is a 3.1-km loop trail near Busayra, Tafilah. Generally considered a moderately challenging route. This trail is great for hiking, and it’s unlikely you’ll encounter many other people while exploring. We will stop for refreshments in a nice, shaded spot during the hike, where we will make a fire and prepare fresh Arabic tea for you. Your lunch will be served as a light lunch box. Transfer by car to Little Petra. Best known as Al Beidha (the White One) due to the pale rock colors. Little Petra, also known as Siq al-Barid (literally “the cold canyon”) is an archaeological site located north of Petra, it is a Nabataean site, with buildings carved into the walls of the sandstone canyons. Upon completion, head to Wadi Musa/Petra for dinner and overnight.
Day 05: Petra – Petra Full Day Visit – Divont Chocolate Factory – Dinner with local family – Petra
Meals: Breakfast, Dinner with a local family
After breakfast at your hotel in Petra/Wadi Musa, start an awe-inspiring visit to the red-rose city of Petra. It is one of the New Seven Wonders of the World and a UNESCO heritage site. Walk through the Siq, a colorful narrow gorge over a kilometer long which leads to the magnificent Treasury. See royal tombs, the Roman-style theatre, beautiful temples, and museums.
After the visit, you will drive to explore Divont Chocolate factory which has an exciting story by supporting local women (each one of these ladies has her own story). Upon completion, head back to your hotel in Petra/Wadi Musa for some relaxing and refreshing time then head towards a local family home to enjoy dinner and some chatting. Petra hotel overnight.
Day 06: Petra – 3hrs. safari tour + Traditional lunch making – Wadi Rum Camp
Meals: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
After breakfast at your hotel in Petra/Wadi Musa, drive to Wadi Rum visitors’ center, Jordan’s extraordinary red desert, famous for Lawrence of Arabia and most recently, the 2016 film The Martian. Enjoy a 3-hour jeep tour to discover many of the sites in Wadi Rum. The jeep will stop at each site giving you time to walk around and maybe even climb some of the beautiful naturally formed bridges in Wadi Rum. This is as close as you will come to visiting Mars! While you are enjoying the desert exploration you will be called out to help preparing a light traditional lunch such as Sajiyeh which includes small pieces of meat/chicken cooked with vegetables such as tomato, onion and bell peppers cooked in a saj pan or Galayet Bandoura the most famous light lunch dish in Jordan which is tomato, garlic and onion cooked with olive oil. Upon completion, head to your campsite in Wadi Rum for dinner and overnight.
Day 07: Wadi Rum Camp – Wadi Al Hasa 2hrs. Water Trail (Sajeyeh lunch making) – Dead Sea Salt Formations Area Stop – Dead Sea Hotel
Meals: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
After breakfast at your campsite, head towards Wadi Al Hasa. It’s known from the Hebrew Bible as the valley and brook of Zered, is a wadi in western Jordan. It is located between the Karak and Tafilah governorates. Accompanied by a knowledgeable guide, you’ll be taken on a journey through the winding rock formations, picturesque streams, lively rapids, lush hanging gardens, and invigorating hot springs of Wadi al Hasa. As you hike through this breathtaking terrain, you’ll pause for a delightful local tea amidst the stunning natural surroundings. Prepare the famous picnic meal (Sajeyeh). After a fulfilling day of exploring, wading, swimming, and immersing yourself in the scenic beauty of the region, you’ll conclude the trip and depart from Wadi al Hasa with memories to last a lifetime. Upon completion, transfer to your hotel at The Dead Sea for dinner and overnight.
Day 08: Free Day at Leisure – Dead Sea Hotel
Meals: Breakfast, Dinner
Today you spend the whole day free at leisure relaxing in the sun and muddy beach of the lowest point on earth, The Dead Sea. Dinner and overnight at your hotel.
The Dead Sea is a dramatic, beautiful landscape and is over 400m (1,312 ft.) below sea level. Once the waters reach the Dead Sea, they are land-locked, so they evaporate, leaving behind a dense, rich, cocktail of salts and minerals. The leading attraction at the Dead Sea is the warm, soothing, super salty water itself – some ten times saltier than sea water, and rich minerals. This spot has attracted visitors since ancient times, including King Herod the Great and the beautiful Egyptian Queen, Cleopatra. All of whom have luxuriated in the Dead Sea’s rich, black, stimulating mud and floated effortlessly on their backs while soaking up the water’s healthy minerals along with the gently diffused rays of the Jordanian sun.
Day 09: Dead Sea Hotel – Queen Alia International Airport
After breakfast, you will be transferred 3.5 hrs. prior to your departure flight to Queen Alia International Airport for departure
- Meet & assist upon arrival at Q.A.I airport by our office representative in the immigration area.
- Entry visa to Jordan (Free of charge for non-restricted nationalities) as guests shall stay minimum of 2 consecutive nights.
- Private transfer by an A/C modern vehicle with a driver on transfer days.
- 8-night accommodation in the above-mentioned hotels including breakfast and dinner. Except 1st day breakfast and 5th day dinner as it will be served outdoor as mentioned in the program.
- Lunches x 4 as mentioned in the program.
- Dinner with a local family in Petra on the 5th day.
- Traditional breakfast on the 1st day.
- Private Professional English-speaking guide on touring days only.
- All entrance fees to the sites mentioned in the above program.
- 03 hours 4X4 Jeep Tour in Wadi Rum.
- Shuttle transfer to/from Dana campsite/lodge.
- Seasonal social experience (olive collecting or farmer daily routine participation or mosaic piece are making) the choice of experience depends on year seasons.
- Trekking/canyoning as mentioned in the above program.
- 1 Tour leader free of charge in a shared double room for each 15 paying guests, in case we only have 15 people, no free person will apply. In case the tour leader wishes to have a single room then he pays the single supplement charge mentioned above, please refer to each hotel category.
- Part of our profit will be donated to a good cause in Wadi Musa to centers for disabled children, named: South Taybet Society for the disabled & South Society for disable. So, thank you for booking with us and supporting our local community.
- Liability insurance.
- Guiding services on the first day, the last day and the free day at The Dead Sea.
- Lunches on all days of the program other than the mentioned and included already.
- Any optional tour / experience like Petra by Night.
- Departure Tax from Jordan (included in the flight ticket as per the current time).
- Water and/or drinks within meals unless hotel/restaurant provides.
- All kinds of tips for the representative, guide, driver, hotels, and horse/camel/jeep owners.
- Travel and health insurance.
- Flight tickets.
- Personal expenses.
- Any item not mentioned in the inclusions part