Bird Watching Tour
Tour Code: BW1009
Amman – Jerash – Ajlune- Desert Castles – Azraq – Mount Nebo- Dead Sea – Dana – Petra – Wadi Rum – Aqaba
- Day 1 – 10: For 4-6 people: all transfers with a private minivan and English-speaking driver through- out the program
- Day 1 – 10: For 7-8 people: all transfers with a 10 seater VAN , 18 seater Bus ( 9 – 15 pax) and English-speaking guide through- out the program
- Day 2 – 9: English-speaking Jordanian Birding guide throughout the tour.
- Day 1 & 2: 2 Overnights at the Hotel in Amman ,including breakfast
- Day 2: Visits of Azraq River, Jerash and Ajloun (see RSCN trails attached for hiking options), Entry fee tickets included.
- Day 3: Visit of Qasr Amra & Shaumari Wildlife Reserve, Entry fee tickets included.
- Day 3: Visit Azraq Wetland Reserve, Entry fee tickets included.
- Day 3: Lunch boxes.
- Day 4: Visit to Wadi Hazim including transfers with jeeps and / or vans + local guide from Azraq.
- Day 4: Lunch boxes from Azraq eco-lodge.
- Day 3 & 4: 2 Overnights at the Azraq eco –lodge, Azraq; including dinner and breakfast.
- Day 5: Visits to Mt. Nebo and Wadi Mujib. Entry fee tickets included for Mt. Nebo and Wadi Mujib Bridge.
- Day 5: Lunch boxes from Azraq eco – lodge.
- Day 5: 1 Overnight at the hotel at the Dead Sea , including dinner and breakfast.
- Day 6: Lunch boxes.
- Day 6: Visit of Dana Nature Reserve. Entry fee tickets included.
- Day 7: Visit to Petra, one day entry fee tickets included.
- Day 6 & 7: 2 Overnights at the Hotel in Petra, including dinner and breakfast.
- Day 8: Half day jeep tour in the protected area of Wadi Rum. Entry fee tickets included.
- Day 8: BBQ Lunch in Wadi Rum.
- Day 9: Lunch boxes.
- Day 9: Visit to the Aqaba Bird Observatory. Entry fee tickets included.
- Day 8 & 9: 2 Overnight at in Aqaba, including dinner and breakfast.
- Day 10: Departure from Aqaba to Amman QAIA.
Day 1: Queen Alia Airport International – Amman
Arrival at Amman Queen Alia International airport, after arrange your visa (the visa is on your expense cost 40 JOD per person). Your driver will wait for you in the arrival hall, also holding a name sign. You will be transferred directly to Amman to the Hotel for overnight.
Day 2: Amman—Jerash—Dibeen Forest—Ajlun—Amman
At 07.00 am you will meet your birding guide in the lobby of your hotel. Drive to Jerash, to tour the world’s best preser Roman provincial city. While visiting Jerash, you will look out for the Hoopoe, Eurasian Jay, Carrion Crow and Hooded Crow. Drive via Dibeen Forest to Ajlun Castle. While passing through Dibeen Forest you will make a short stop to look for the Tawny Owl, Syrian Wood pecker, Winter Wren and Blue Tit. At Ajlun you will visit the Crusaders Castle with beautiful views over the area. And if you’re lucky you might spot some more birds here, like the Short Toed Eagle Tawny Owl, Red-Rumped Swallow, Long-Billed Pipit, Winter Wren, Blue Tit, Woodchat Shrike and Jackdaw. After your visit to Ajlun Castle transfer back to Amman for overnight
Day 3: Amman—Qasr Amra—Shaumari Wildlife Reserve—Azraq Wetland Reserve
After breakfast leave Amman and drive to Qasr Amra, one of the desert castles. If Shaumari Wildlife Reserve is open, you will visit this as well. Continue on to Azraq Wetland Reserve, a lot of migrating birds stop by this reserve, Take the afternoon for birding, spot birds such as: Great Crested ,Grebe, Great White Pelican, Great Cormorant, Gray Heron, Night Heron, Squacco Heron, Little Egret, Cattle Egret, Shelduck, Malllard, Tufted Duck, Golden Eagle, Chukar, Sand Partridge, Common Crane, Spotted Crake, Moorhen, Black Winged Stilt, Pied Avocet, Stone Curlew, Northern Lap wing, Spur-inged Plover, Little Ringed Plover, Ruff, Pin-Tailed Sand grouse, Spotted Sand grouse and many more
Overnight at Azraq Wetland Reserve, based on a dinner and breakfast
Day 4: Azraq—Wadi Hazim—Azraq
Today you will enjoy a day tour of Wadi Hazim, a desert located east of Azraq. You will enter the desert by jeeps. Together with your biding guide and a local guide of Azraq you will enjoy a day of birding. Lunch boxes are included for today. Overnight at Azraq Wetland Reserve, based on dinner and breakfast
Day 5: Azraq—Mt. Nebo—Wadi Mujib—Dead Sea
After breakfast drive to Mt. Nebo, from where Moses viewed the Promised Land. Continue to the Wadi Mujib Bridge to see Wadi Mujib Nature Reserve. From 1st of April until 31st October, you could hike the fun water Siq Trail. If you do not have a water proof camera you can keep your camera safely in the car. It’s a nice spot for birding! Drive on to your hotel at the Dead Sea for
Day 6: Dead Sea—Dana—Petra
Free morning at the Dead Sea, lowest point on the earth’s surface. Float in the salty waters and try out the famous healing mud. Drive to Dana Nature Reserve. Lots of birds can be find in Dana! You will explore the area with your guide. Transfer on to Petra for overnight
Day 7: Petra
.Walk to the visitor centre of Petra to visit one of the most famous Jordan attractions Petra
Visit the Siq, Treasury, Street of Façades, the Amphitheatre etc. There are also tea and coffee stops and nice souvenirs shops and restaurants at the end of the colonnaded street, there is so much to see, it all depends on your wishes how far and how long to walk this day and then to the hotel for overnight.
Day 8: Petra—Wadi Rum—Aqaba
After breakfast drive to Wadi Rum. Our contact person will be waiting for you at the visitor center of Wadi Rum, he will arrange the entry fee tickets of the protected area of Wadi Rum for you, and then he will take you to Rum Village. Upon arrival to Wadi Rum Village you could decide if you would like to enjoy a short camel ride or start directly with the jeep tour today. The jeep tour includes a freshly prepared barbeque lunch. Also in Wadi Rum there are bird species to find. After your jeep tour you will be transferred to Aqaba for overnight
Day 9: Aqaba
Today you will go to the Aqaba Bird Observatory. Most migrating birds have a stop over here
March & September are the best seasons to watch the migrating birds coming by. But Jordan also has his own species. Lunch boxes are included for today. Overnight in Aqaba
Day 10: Aqaba – Queen Alia International Airport
Transfer to the airport for departure, 6 hours in advance of your departure time